Design Tools Network
I organized hackathons, meetups, and workshops for all things design tools. Focussing on bringing leading tool makers and users together to share knowledge and ultimately pushing the industry as a whole forward.
Back in 2016 I joined a hackathon where Runner was born. I knew the folks there weren’t going to organize another edition. So when joining IXDS with their 4-day workweek, I immediately saw an opportunity to organize such an event myself. And that’s how this event company was born.
In October 2017 I organized the Design Tools Hackathon in Berlin. After that first hackathon, I organized smaller meetups, taught Sketch workshops, and then put up a bigger hackathon in Tel Aviv.
- Bring software makers and design tool enthusiasts together to share knowledge and improve the tools we use on a daily basis.
- Share knowledge by organizing workshops on specific topics.
Below some photos that give a glimpse of all the events. Find links to talk videos in the resources at the end.
It’s been great to expand my own network and bringing so many tool makers together with excited audiences. To run these events frequently, it’s too much to be just by myself. I had some support throughout several events, but the main organization was on my shoulders. When continuing this project I’ll be sure to look for a team first.
- All talk videos: Vimeo Design Tools Network
- Hackathon 2018: Design Tools Tel Aviv
- Medium article: The Design Tools Hackathon 2018 in Tel Aviv
- Medium article: The Berlin Sketch Plugin Hackathon 2017
- Medium article: Athena & Noodl: Why building your own tools is essential
- Medium article: Meet Alva & Design Tools at ResearchGate: Connecting Sketch with coded components